MaJIC provides a full range of material or metallurgical testing capabilities, including qualification testing and failure analysis. With a fully equipped lab, you can expect quick and accurate results every time. Our technical staff has the expertise to not only interpret the results but also to provide you with pragmatic, cost effective solutions to identified problems.
As required, MaJIC can specify & source materials, processes, filler metals, gases, perform PWHT operations, and all aspects of mechanical testing.
- 400,000lb capacity - Tension/Compression
- 20,000lb capacity servo-hydraulic - Tension/Fatigue
- 300ft-lb capacity with sample cooling unit (-325ºF to +20ºC) - Impact Toughness
- Portable Brinell, Rockwell, Rockwell Superficial - Surface Hardness
- Guided Bend/Fracture Test
- Fatigue Testing (22kn) - Tension/Compression
- Jominy End Quench Hardenability Test
- Microstructure analysis per application (Etched & Unetched)
- Examination for metallurgical defects (Cracks & Inclusions)
- Grain size determination (Nodule counts)
- Vickers microhardness (25g-1kg loads)
- Metallurgical evaluation of weldments
- Plating thickness - Depth of case hardening
- 800in3 programmable heat treatment furnace (PWHT)
- Chemical Analysis
MaJIC can provide third party welding consumable evaluations and consulting to ensure that the right products are selected for your company's applications and requirements.
- Welding electrode qualification testing & evaluations (AWS, CSA, proprietary)
- Welding filler metal evaluations
- Shielding gas and flux evaluations
- New product testing
Our in-house Welding capabilities include:
SMAW, GMAW, MCAW, FCAW, GTAW, PAW, SAW, RSW, Brazing, Robotics, & CMT.
While MaJIC supports testing of all types of industrial materials, we particularly specialize in joining steels, stainless steels, aluminum alloys, copper alloys, cast irons, super alloys, titanium and reactive metals, and overlay (corrosion resistance/hardsurfacing).